YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
There are thousands of yoga teacher trainings out there, but I believe mine is special because I focus on going deeper into the philosophy, lifestyle and experiencial parts of yoga and meditation, both on and off of the mat.
Our job as yoga teachers is not to be the most flexible, the best at advanced asanas, or even the most enlightened person in the room. For me, being a yoga teacher is all about embracing your truest self, so we invite our students to become and embrace their truest selves as well!
Becoming an Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher will allow you to rest, reset and rejuvenate so that you can shine a brighter light on your students.
Join me in beautiful Costa Rica, for an immersive format of 15 consecutive days for an all inclusive immersion with accomodations and nourishing Ayurveda meals included.
Imagine waking up with the sunrise and an ocean view to greet you as you immerse yourself into your Ayurveda daily routine. Followed by a leisurely walk through nature to arrive at one of our jungle Yoga shalas where we’ll practice and meditate together for hours a day. When not in class, we’ll enjoy delicious and nutritious meals, the freshest tropical fruits, organic Costa Rican coffee and 260 acres of lushious nature, filled with paths, a river and breathtaking views, all to ourselves!!!
The focus of this training will be how to safely practice and teach beginner Hatha Vinyasa Yoga, meaning the fluid and purposeful integration of breath and movement, while integrating the science of Ayurveda.
You will gain an understanding of Ayurveda, proper alignment for asana including sun salutations for all levels, creative and intelligent sequencing, sequencing based on Ayurveda, how to enhance postures with hands-on adjustments, how to incorporate effective mantra, meditation, pranayama and yoga nidra into your class, how to use props, and how to work with special populations-such as prenatal clients.
This program is perfect for aspiring teachers and students of yoga who wish to deepen their practice and understanding of yoga and Ayurveda. Jessica is committed to inspiring students of yoga to gain practical knowledge of Ayurveda and yoga techniques that will enable one to tap into the teacher and healer within.
In order to achieve the Purusharthas; the four common aims of life according to Yoga and Ayurveda; dharma (duty, ethics), artha(prosperity, wealth), kama (pleasure, sensual gratification), and moksha (the pursuit of liberation) a person must have a healthy body, mind, prana, and consciousness. These can be achieved by combining Ayurveda and yoga.
This teacher training is a 200 hour certification program in compliance with the Yoga Alliance of North America. La Vida Veda Ayurveda and Yoga School is a registered and recognized yoga school (RYS) of the Yoga Alliance. Both trainings include the training manual.
Hosted at private villa in Costa Rica
The online part of the training can be done before or after the in-person yoga teacher training in Costa Rica. La Vida Veda will live stream sessions based on MST for session/s.
During the in-person yoga teacher training, you will stay at your own private Oceanview villas, located on the Southern Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. These beautiful peaceful villas offer students accommodation 10 minutes from a pristine secluded beach in Playa Hermosa, Uvita; where you will be nourished with organic local meals created with love by your own private chefs.
Dates / Times
November 4-18, 2023
7:00am to 8:00pm
- Sunday is a rest/free day
Schedule (Subject to change)
- 07:00 Morning sadhana: yoga, meditation, pranayama and discussion of the practice
- 09:15 Organic breakfast
- 10:00 Training session
- 13:00 Organic lunch
- 15:00 Training session
- 18:30 Organic dinner
- 19:00 Evening satsang, philosophy & ethics
Sometimes we just rest.
There is 1 day off each week where you can
- relax, enjoy and explore nearby beaches and trails.
- Take surf or paddle boarding lessons,
- go horseback riding,
- get a massage or acupuncture,
- visit waterfalls or ziplines or simply laze by the pool.
We reserve the right to adjust this schedule based on weather and other incidentals.
- 15 days of instruction and 14 nights of all inclusive completely private luxury beachside accommodation and group ground transportation *private shuttles are extra cost
- 3 organic plant based meals a day
- Daily Ayurveda lectures, yoga practices and meditation sessions
- Vegan & Ayurveda Cooking Classes & Recipes to take home!
- A 1 hour personal Ayurvedic Consultation with Jessica
- Mentorship and personalized guidance
- Business of yoga, marketing & social media skills. Learn how to create seminars & retreats & fill them
- A safe, sacred space for you to step into your power as the most authentic and happy version of yourself
- Fun, grounding and liberating AfroDance Class to “break the ice” at the start of program
- An opportunity to live your Ayurveda & Yoga, lifestyle and ethics, with professional guidance and support
- Campfires, singing, dancing, stargazing
- Yoga Teacher Training Manual with lots of Ayurveda extras!
Early bird registration ONLY THREE SPOTS AVAILABLE: $2668 USD
Tuition deadlines *based on double occupancy: (investment must be paid in full to receive EB discount***)
Regular pricing thereafter:
Single occupancy : $4433 USD
Double occupancy : $3333 USD
Non-refundable deposit of 20% due upon acceptance.
Full tuition due within 3 weeks of training start date.
Payment plans available by request.
READY TO RECLAIM YOUR LIFE?
Jessica Kruse (Lead Teacher)
As an Ayurveda Practitioner and massage therapist, Jessica’s style of teaching is sourced from western and eastern anatomy, alignment and Ayurveda. Her teachings are woven with inspiration and wisdom from these sciences that helps students of yoga master their unique constitution and channel the healer and teacher within. Ayurveda is based totally upon the knowledge of “prakruti”, the individual constitution. If every individual knows their mind-body constitution, then one can understand what is the optimal diet, lifestyle, and yoga practices for oneself to create a happy balanced life. As the lead teacher, Jessica guides you through your comprehensive yoga curriculum that she created with all her heart; including valuable Ayurveda lifestyle, nutrition and cooking classes!
Meet Jennifer Pietzcch
Jenny is a lifetime student bringing her vast wealth of knowledge to those in need of a deeper connection within themselves and the world around them. She has extensive knowledge in the ancient healing arts and brings elements of Ayurveda, yoga, meditation, reiki, and yoga Nidra to all that she shares and knows . Jenny is a visionary that honors the sacred lineage and teachings for healing a society that has lost a large part of our history. She truly believes connecting people with the ancient healing arts will provide us with the opportunity to heal and shift the global consciousness.
Pedro Prabhu (Head Chef & Vegan Cooking Teacher0
Pedro graduated from the lnstituto Nacional de Aprendizaje de Costa Rica in 2010. Since then he has apprenticed with various master chefs in the fields of raw, vegan, gluten free and Ayurveda cuisines. His dream is to continue to learn in institutions such as el Jardin de Estudios Tropicales and then share this wisdom of using endemic plants, through the food he serves and the classes he teaches. Pedro’s nutritious meals are created with the intention to heal and go beyond satisfying your hunger; his creations nourish your body and soul, engulfing you with the essence of taste and culture.
1. Yoga techniques & practice: understanding the La Vida Veda Ayurveda and Yoga practice
• Principles of alignment and asana
• Introduction to pranayama (breathing techniques)
• Introduction to meditation techniques
• Pratyahara and meditation as healing tools
• Introduction to Sanskrit terminology
2. Teaching methodology: the basics of yoga instruction
• Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting, and adjusting
• Practice of hands-on adjustments and verbal instruction skills
• Principles of safe and effective sequencing
• Ayurvedic yoga sequences, and the foundational concepts of the science of Ayurveda. Vata, Pitta and Kapha balancing asana, pranayama and meditation techniques
• Introduction to therapeutic sequencing; how to encourage balance of the doshas- the mind body constitution of the individual and any current constitutional imbalances
• Discussion on teaching and instruction styles
• Introduction to the basics of the business of yoga
3. Anatomy & physiology: the physical and energetic bodies
• Physical anatomy and physiology with Jessica Kruse and doctor of Chiropractic medicine, Mike Textor
• Introduction to connective tissue and exploration of key muscle groups and bony landmarks
• Introduction to an Ayurvedic perspective on physical and energetic anatomy and physiology
• Thorough introduction to the tridosha; Vata, Pitta and Kapha
• Introduction to the energetic effects of asana and meditation
• Introduction to bandhas, chakras, gunas, koshas, nadis, vayus
• Introduction to the marma points of Ayurveda
• Basic diagnostic skills according to the prakruti/vikruti paradigm of Ayurveda
4. Yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics: living Yoga
• Study and discussion of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the 8-limbed path
• Discussion of The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
• Discussion of Ayurveda for Self Healing
• Dinacharya and Rutucharya- the Ayurveda daily routine and seasonal lifestyle
• Introduction to yogic nutrition, diet and with Ayurveda cooking classes
Required material: Book list
- Please purchase the following yoga texts for your teaching training. *Please note that the Yoga Sutras and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika have numerous translations; the translation which is used and recommended by Jessica for the teacher training is listed below.
- The Key Muscles of Yoga (Volume 1), by Ray Long
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, by Swami Muktibodhananda
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, by Swami Satchidananda
- Light on Pranayama, by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Heart of Yoga, by TKV Desikachar
- Ayurveda; The Science of Self Healing, by Dr. Vasant Lad
- Yoga Teachers’ Toolbox by Joseph Le Page and Lilian Le Page
The following are additional resources which we feel are a complement to your training but are not required for the program.
- Prakruti, Dr. Robert Svoboda
- The Anatomy of the Spirit, Dr. Caroline Myss
- The Language of Yoga: Complete A to Z Guide to Asana, Names, Sanskrit Terms and Chants, Nicolai Bachman
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
Deposits are non-refundable always. Once the training commences, there are no refunds for the remainder of any payments for the training, only a credit towards a subsequent La Vida Veda Ayurveda and Yoga teacher training.
WHERE CAN I ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION?
Info sessions are generally held prior to the commencement of each program. Please check our workshops page closer to the approaching date or contact us to find out more.
WILL I BE QUALIFIED TO TEACH YOGA ONCE I COMPLETE MY 200 HOURS?
Absolutely! This La Vida Veda Ayurveda and Yoga teacher training program is designed to get you started on your teaching path. Jessica Kruse’s 200 hour program will give you the tools and the skills necessary to become a proficient Hatha Yoga teacher. You will be able to register with the Yoga Alliance as long as you have completed the entire 200 hours.
WHAT IS THE YOGA ALLIANCE?
The Yoga Alliance was formed in 1999 to recognize and promote teachers that maintain a specific standard with the Alliance. The La Vida Veda Ayurveda and Yoga School is a registered and recognized school and all graduates of the La Vida Veda Ayurveda and Yoga teacher training program are automatically eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as an RYT.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY?
It is suggested that you have had a regular yoga practice for at least one or two years, and we always say the more experience the better. Application can be completed and submitted via our online form, we also require a reference letter with application.
WHAT IF I MISS A CLASS?
To obtain your certificate you must complete 100% of the training in compliance with the the Yoga Alliance standards. At La Vida Veda Ayurveda and Yoga School we understand things come up and you might have to miss a class.
OUR POLICY FOR MAKE UP TIME: If you miss a class or weekend, in order to complete the program you will need to make up the equivalent time in a subsequent teacher training. You will not receive your certification until you have completed the make up session.
WHERE DO I PURCHASE BOOKS REQUIRED FOR THE TRAINING?
Some of the required books can be purchased at your local bookstore or studio hosting the teacher training. Many people purchase these books off amazon.com; be sure to check our reading list for the correct translation of each book.
What my clients say:
“Shout out to this Ayurvedic Queen. I had a mind blowing Ayurvedic massage treatments with her and then just had to book a full consultation to learn about how ayurvedic practices could help with some of my ailments. Sure enough, I learned so much about how to nourish and balance my mind, body and spirit.”
(Art Therapy & Yoga Teacher)
“La Vida Veda Yoga teacher training & Ayurveda immersion met even more than my expectations. My life has literally changed ever since participating in the YTT. I have learned how to lead and structure my everyday yoga practice and over all make better and healthier lifestyle choices. I am planning on deepening my knowledge since I got so inspired in the training.”